Located on the corner of 5th Avenue and Taylor Street, this 1950’s warehouse building salvaged 16,000 square feet of adaptive reuse brick and bow string trusses. SGS was instrumental in facilitating neighborhood meetings, gaining community buy-in, and securing historic zoning commission approval without opposition. Occupying a parcel that originally housed a cotton mill, and throughout most of the twentieth century served as a large industrial manufacturing site for the Werthan Packaging Company, the project remediates this heavy industrial brownfield site that once bifurcated the adjacent Salemtown and Germantown neighborhoods. The warehouse has been repurposed as retail + office space and home to one of Germantown’s hot new eateries, Fifth and Taylor. The project blends the old with the new, residents with community amenities and neighborhood patterns with industrial forms while tying two long-divided neighborhoods together.